The NP231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit is what short-wheelbase Wrangler owners have been dreaming about for decades. Not only does the Extreme Short Shaft Kit improve on strength, but it also increases driveshaft length by up to 7” over a stock application. This kit is also more than 3” shorter than a standard Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit and 1.5” shorter than an ATLAS II. Speedometer readings are transferred through a tone ring and electronic sensor.
• TJ Wrangler
• LJ Wrangler Unlimited (long-wheelbase)
• All necessary components to modify the stock NP231 transfer case.
• NP231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit Output Seal (# 2199920).
• NP231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit Output Yoke (# 600071).
• NP231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit Output Yoke Nut (# 231112).
• NP231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit Speed Sensor (# 4990254).
• Requires a converter box to calibrate the speedometer.
• This kit must be used w/ a CV style (double cardan) driveshaft.
• Fits NP231-J transfer cases only.
• Earlier NP231 applications w/ mechanical speedometer cable require updating to an electronic speedometer.
Install Time: 5 Hours