The paramount suspension upgrade for your ZJ is a long arm system. Iron Rock Off Road's 4.5" ROCK-LINK link long arm system offers unrivaled performance, giving your Jeep both the capability and ride quality improvements that you have been looking for. This ROCK-LINK long arm lift kit is built for strength, clearance, adjustability, flexibility, and ease of install.
- STRENGTH: Our subframe is constructed with 1/4" steel and our lower arms are even thicker at 2"x5/16" wall D.O.M. tubing.
- CLEARANCE: We tuck our subframe up as tight as possible to gain you the critical extra clearance to keep your Jeep low and your belly high! The lower arm connections at the chassis are as high as possible with still being able to install a bolt through them. The control arms have an inboard bend to clear your tires, so you can steer lock to lock without rubbing on them
- ADJUSTABILITY: All the arms have tons of adjustment built in for your stock situation to your stretched crawler.
- FLEXIBILITY:Yes, of course we are talking about articulation, and the ROCK-LINK delivers plenty! But we are also talking about flexibility to install other axle combinations with ease. Use this kit with your stock Dana 30 for now, and then bolt in a Dana 44 or Dana 60 down the road!
- EASE OF INSTALL: No welding, no complicated setup or templates. All you need is a drill, a floor jack, some jack stands and some hand tools. This is a BOLT-IN kit, although if your preferred method of installation is welding, you can do that! (NOTE: Required cut off the factory lower control arm mounts on the chassis)
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- 5/16" thick wall D.O.M. lower control arm material
- 1/4" thick, 3 piece, subframe assembly
- Huge tire clearance with inboard control arm bends
- Best ground clearance available with super high clearance long arm subframe mounts
- Makes axle swaps much simpler!
- Maintains caster through the suspension cycle
- Easy to install without welding, only simple drilling is required!!! Seriously, you can install this in your driveway in a few hours!
- This kit is 100% bolt on!! Strength is not compromised with this value added design feature. However, for those of you still concerned about strength, you can weld the subframe inor bolt AND weld them in (welding to the uniframe is complicated and should be done by an experienced professional welder). The choice is yours.
- The front subframe is assembled from 3 pieces. This will allow you to remove the center section for transmission/t-case access while leaving the front suspension (long arms) installed.
- If your ZJ has the CV (with rubber boots) front driveshaft, you may need to convert to the double cardan style to accommodate the lift height. Your rear driveshaft will work with this kit.
- We do offer a heavy duty SYE for the 231 transfer case and a hack-n-tap SYE for the 231 and 242. Using a slip yoke eliminator has been proven to reduce and/or eliminate vibrations that may occur with taller lifts.
NOTE: This kit has not been tested with aftermarket headers and is known not to work with Doug Thorley Headers without modification.
- Front and rear coil springs
- Front high clearance subframe assembly
- Front 3 Link Long Arm Kit
- Heavy Duty Adjustable rear upper and lower control arms.
- Heavy Duty Double shear track bar conversion (front)
- Heavy Duty Rear adjustable track bar
- Front and rear shock absorbers
- Heavy duty extended front sway bar links
- Rear extended length sway bar links
- Extended length stainless steel brake hoses
- Coil spring retainers
- All necessary hardware