The TeraFlex JK: Dana 30/44 High Steer Knuckle Kit addresses several weaknesses prevalent in the stock axle steering configuration on JK Wrangler/Unlimited models with 4-6” lift kits.
These High Steer Knuckles maintain correct steering geometry angles for superior highway drivability. Tie rod ground clearance is increased by more than 1-1/8” to prevent tie rod damage and bending.
Cast from heavy-duty ductile iron and reinforced in areas prone to stress and deflection.
Compatible with all factory and aftermarket axle shafts, ball joints, wheel hubs, and tie rods.
Does not affect operation of factory stability and traction control systems including ESP and ABS.
• JK Wrangler (2-door)
• JK Wrangler Unlimited (4-door)
• 4-6” Lift
• Driver side high steer knuckle
• Passenger side high steer knuckle
Features & Benefits:
• Installation does not require any cutting or removal of factory bracketry
• Cast from HD ductile iron
• Reinforces key section areas prone to stress and deflection
• Maintains correct steering geometry angles for superior highway drivability
• Provides HD solution for several weak vulnerabilities found in stock JK/JKU axle steering configuration
• Increases tie rod ground clearance by more than 1-1/8” to reduce tie rod impact
• NOT compatible w/ Falcon Nexus EF Steering Stabilizers when used w/ factory-style track bar bracket and/or factory-style axle housing. Incompatible Steering Stabilizers: (2.2 Fast Adjust w/ OEM Tie Rod: # 01-02-22-110-138; 2.2 Fast Adjust w/ HD Tie Rod: # 01-02-22-110-158; 2.1 w/ OEM Tie Rod: # 01-02-21-110-138; 2.1 w/ HD Tie Rod: # 01-02-21-110-158).
• Requires aftermarket wheels w/ 4.75” backspacing or less – or Offset Wheel Adapters (# 1055000) for stock wheels – NOT INCLUDED.
• REQUIRES additional modifications/components to flip the Drag Link over the axle to correct track bar angle, optimize steering geometry, and improve handling – NOT INCLUDED.
• MUST be used w/ a Complete HD Drag Link Flip Kit (w/out Tie Rod: # 1853930; w/ Tie Rod: # 1853905). Complete HD Drag Link Flip Kit is also INCLUDED in Complete High Steer System Kits (w/ Tie Rod: # 4391000; w/out Tie Rod: # 4390975) and HD Drag Link Flit Kit w/ Front Track Bar Drop Brackets & Frame Brace Kit (# 1600450).
• Other REQUIRED components include Front Track Bar Drop Bracket & Frame Brace Kit (# 1600444) or Front Track Bar Drop Bracket Kit – Frame End (# 1953000), HD Tie Rod (# 1853910), and Steering Stabilizer Relocation Mounting Bracket (# 1123160). Available separately.
Install Time: 3 Hours